Monday, October 24, 2011

October 24, 2011

Whenever I think I have it rough, I'm always reminded that others have it worse.

So this is my first blog. I've never done something like this other than MySpace which met it's untimely death years ago and therefore isn't a good outlet. So where to start?

This year has been less than accommodating when it comes to good memories.

My dad’s heart attack, RIFs and then my boss coming down with cancer are just a few examples of the suckiness that is this year.

Smaller disappointments come in the shape of ex boyfriends and what could have been possible boyfriends. You live you learn right?

Blessings that are nothing short of miracles are me keeping my job, my wonderfully smart and beautiful two year old being happy and healthy and getting back into school.

I have a lot to be thankful for and lot to look back on to remember just how lucky I am.

Does that keep my from sulking at times? No. Take for instance this weekend. Among unexpected expenses and changing plans, I started getting sick and couldn’t enjoy my weekend in the slightest. Disappointment and pouty faces everywhere. I reminded myself that my boss was possibly taking me and my coworker to a Houston Texan charity event tomorrow. I learned today that that wasn’t going to happen.

Said boss is in the hospital. Her prognosis is apparently not any better but I have no details and she doesn’t want to share them with me.

And that’s when I’m hit with just how lucky I am. So my plans fell through for Sunday, and my car cost me $350+….. I’m alive and healthy as well as my little girl and that’s a lot to be thankful for.

It also clarifies what this weekend already had me thinking: stop living in the past. Stop hoping for a future with someone who obviously isn’t good enough for ME, not the other way around like I previously thought, and start living in the present.

Because there’s no telling what lies ahead in my future. And I don’t want to look back on a day I hear devastating news and remember that I wasted years on my life on a hopeless cause.

Hug your loved ones tonight guys. You never know if you’ll get the chance to do so again.



4 comments:

  1. Love hearing about your positive outlook on life and the lessons you learn on your bumpy way. You do rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. <3<3 Thanks Anne!!! It means a lot to have support from inspirational friends like you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such an inspiration Jerrica!

    ReplyDelete